Emmanuel Church runs a number of Growth Groups (that’s what we call our midweek Bible Study groups). We call them Growth Groups because their goal is to help people grow personally, spiritually and relationally. There are a number of different groups, all of varying shapes & sizes, meeting at different times & venues, all seeking to grow people in their knowledge of and trust in Jesus Christ
Growth Groups allow for the Bible to be applied in greater detail and for people to experience care, accountability and discipleship in ways that cannot be experienced within the larger church gatherings. We strive for all our groups to be healthy. By that, we mean groups that embrace positive values including:
- ownership (where each member experiences a sense of belonging);
- participation (seeking high levels of involvement in discussion);
- openness (honesty & vulnerability in self-disclosure);
- service (each member using their gifts); and
- achievement (where group & individual goals for growth are being achieved).
Our groups are not perfect, but we believe these are good values to strive for and provide a solid foundation to grow in Godliness.
We offer the following Growth Group opportunities:
Tuesday @ 9:30am: Louis Claassen, Eversdal.
Tuesdays / Wednesdays, 7pm / 7:30pm:
- Malcolm Jack – Everglen,
- Henry Fortuin – Eversdal,
- Richard Smith – Kenridge,
- Louis Claassen – Kraaifontein,
- Gavin O’Connor – Stellenridge,
- Graeme McGill – Durbanville,
- Roy Glover – Sonstraal East
Andrew Nowell – Sonstraal Heights
- Tuesday @ 7:30pm, Lucretia Thomas, Ridgeworth,
- Tuesday @ 7:30pm, Beryl Green, Chantecler,
- Thursday @ 10:00am, Lesley Poole, Eversdal,
- Thursday @ 10:00am, Judy Kerrich-Walker, Pinehurst,
- Thursday @ 10:00am, Barbara Ludditt, Eversdale
Family Central (for young families):
Wednesday @ 6:15pm, Nils Holmgren, Eversdal.
Thursday @ 7:30pm: JD Marx, Pinehurst.
Find out more by contacting the church office!